Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 18th- Compassion


I know it's a day late, but better late than never!



September 18, 2012
Today I wasn’t really expecting an opportunity to show compassion, but then I realized every day is an opportunity. In the beginning of the day, I saw my friend, Emily, have compassion on a girl who was having a really hard day. Everyone else just tried to encourage the girl. But Emily took it a step further and took her out in the hall to pray with her. It’s amazing how powerful prayer is because later that day, the girl experienced God like she never has her entire life. Later in the afternoon, I was chilling in my dorm when I heard a knock on the door. My friend Johanna was crying and could only get out the words, “I need you to pray”… I stepped out in the lounge with her as she explained to me that Satan had been attacking her like crazy.  She said that she has been trying to keep it to herself, saying that she can handle it on her own, but then she realizes that she just can’t. So we prayed together, because Satan has been attacking all of us. Then it was so cool to see her tonight stepping out in faith, boldly and humbly, even though her biggest fear is speaking in front of people, and pray in front during chapel. Chapel was incredible beyond words. How compassionate is God that He would choose to show himself to us in this way, answering our prayers flooding us with his presence? I have never felt the Spirit of God so strongly in my entire life. What an awesome God we serve, the author of compassion, who showers us with blessings in the midst of our imperfection and brokenness!

No comments:

Post a Comment