Saturday, September 15, 2012

Improvised Children's Ministry


September 15, 2012

Today we continued doing the children’s ministry in Muncton. We got the chance to teach the kids some dramas and dances, which was really difficult considering the youngest involved kids were 4 years old. I did find it kind of difficult to have compassion on them sometimes, because the things that they complain about are very first- world problems. But for the most part, the kids were absolutely wonderful. The same girl from last night, Leanna, ended up crying again after a couple of hours. So I took her aside again and prayed with her, and hung out with her till she felt better. God did give me the means to be compassionate for her, because I was a lot like her as a little girl, so I understood what she was going through. God has had a lot of compassion on me, so why shouldn’t I let that outpour into others? As soon as I run out of steam, His power takes over, and that’s when the most impactful moments happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment